I know the bunny brings the eggs, but whats an egg without a nest right? These dodo vine nests are such a quick DIY project and were the perfect base for our Easter table centrepieces. If you’ve never worked with dodo vine before get ready to fall in love! Available from most florists (although you may have to ask, it’s not usually on display out the front with the roses!) this wild bundle of flexible green vine is perfect for making wreaths, crowns and of course nests. It’s got a wild nature with all of its twists and turns, but its flexibility makes it super easy to work into shapes. It will dry out and change colour over time, so work with it whilst it’s still green and store it in a black plastic bag for maximum longevity of it greenness.
- Dodo vine : available from most florists.
- Florists wire : choose a flexible wire
- Sharp scissors
- Take a small handful of dodo vine and start to work it into a circle or wreath shape
- For small nests you can work the dodo vine around your hand, creating a tighter circle for the base and then wrap more loosely to create the nest shape.
- Use the florists wire to hold the nest shape
Photography : Sandy Rogulic // Styling : Sam Dunne