Today’s DIY comes with a warning – nail polish dip dye is highly addictive! But the bonus is if you have a stash of nail polish lying around then you’ve already got half the materials list. I picked up a range of small dishes and bowls from Target for $2 a piece, which I think makes it one of the cheapest DIY’s I’ve ever done.
- Nail Polish
- Ceramic dish of choice
- Fill up a container (that is slightly bigger than the ceramic you’ve chosen) with room temperature tap water
- Place drops of nail polish on the surface of the water.
- Apply the polish drops as close to the water as possible (dont drop from a height or the polish will just sink straight to the bottom of the dish, you want the colour to float)
- Create the marbled pattern by applying drops next to each other, inside of each other and experimenting with different colours
- Take the ceramic dish and dip it in the water
- Remove from the water and let dry